- 8-10 Sauerkraut & Mushroom Supreme Pierogies
- Medium pot of boiling water
- 2 table spoons of bread crumbs
- 1 table spoon of butter
- Make ahead-in medium size frying pan melt butter on med-high heat. Once butter melts, turn off stove and set frying pan aside.
- Boiling of Pierogies-Once your water starts boiling, throw in 8-10 Sauerkraut & Mushroom Supreme Pierogies. Note: When you throw the Pierogies into the boiling water, the water will stop boiling. Once the water starts to boil again, start counting 6 minutes. If you forget how long the pierogies have been in the water, you can always take one Pierogy out, cut it in half and check the dough. If the dough is sticky or dry in the centre, then the pierogies need a little more cooking (1-2 minutes).
- After the boiling process is complete, transfer the Pierogies into the frying pan with the melted butter.
- Add in the bread crumbs and gently mix the pierogies in the melted butter
- After the butter and bread crumbs are evenly mixed onto the pierogies, you can serve or fry pierogies to a golden colour.
- Serve pierogies with or without sour cream.