- 1 package of JJ Wilk Potato & Onion Pierogies
- Large pot of (3 liters) boiling water
- Tablespoon of oil or butter
- 1 diced (yellow) onion
- 2 Sausages sliced
- 1 container of sour cream
- Make ahead-heat a large pan with either butter or oil. Add in diced onions and sliced sausage(s), sauté on medium heat until golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and set the fried sausage(s) and onions aside.
- Boiling of Pierogies-Once your water starts boiling, throw in the whole bag of Potato & Onion JJ Wilk Pierogies Note: When you throw the Pierogies into the boiling water, the water will stop boiling. Once the water starts to boil again, start counting 6 minutes. If you forget how long the pierogies have been in the water, you can always take one Pierogy out, cut it in half and check the dough. If the dough is sticky or dry in the centre, then the pierogies need a little more cooking (1-2 minutes).
- After the boiling process is complete, transfer the Pierogies into the frying pan with the sausage(s) and onions, and turn the frying pan on medium heat to reheat the sausage(s) and onions while mixing the pierogies together.
- Serving suggestions- 1 bag of JJ Wilk Pierogies can serve 3-4 people with 8-10 pierogies each. Serve pierogies with sour cream on the side. If you prefer a different dip, you can. Please check out our choices of dips.