- 1 package of JJ Wilk Potato & Garlic Pierogies
- 1 Large pot of (3 liters) boiling water
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 table spoon of oil or butter
- 1 container of ready to serve store bought tzatziki dip
- Make ahead – heat a large pan with either butter or oil. Add in diced onions and fry. Throw in the cloves of garlic next and fry until golden brown. Note: Do not burn the garlic. Burnt garlic tastes bitter.
- Turn the heat off and set the fried onions & garlic aside.
- Boiling of Pierogies-Once your water starts boiling, throw in the whole bag of Potato & Garlic JJ Wilk Pierogies Note: When you throw the Pierogies into the boiling water, the water will stop boiling. Once the water starts to boil again, start counting 6 minutes. If you forget how long the pierogies have been in the water, you can always take one Pierogy out, cut it in half and check the dough. If the dough is sticky or dry in the centre, then the pierogies need a little more cooking (1-2 minutes).
- After the boiling process is complete, transfer the Pierogies into the frying pan with the onions and garlic and turn the frying pan on medium heat to reheat the onions and garlic while mixing the pierogies together.
- Serving suggestions- 1 bag of JJ Wilk Pierogies can serve 3-4 people with 8-10 pierogies each. Serve pierogies with ready to serve tzatziki dip on the side. If you prefer a different dip, please check out our choices of dips.