- 16 JJ Wilk Potato & Bacon Pierogies
- Medium pot of (2 liters) boiling water
- 1 medium ( yellow) onion diced
- 1 table spoon of oil or butter
- 1 sachet of gravy mix
- small container of store bought Cole Slaw
- Make ahead – Prepare your gravy following the instructions on the back of the gravy sachet.
- Heat a large pan with butter or oil, sauté diced onion on medium heat until golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and set the fried onions aside.
- Boiling of Pierogies-Once your water starts boiling, throw in 16 Potato & Bacon JJ Wilk Pierogies Note: When you throw the Pierogies into the boiling water, the water will stop boiling. Once the water starts to boil again, start counting 6 minutes. If you forget how long the pierogies have been in the water, you can always take one Pierogy out, cut it in half and check the dough. If the dough is sticky or dry in the centre, then the pierogies need a little more cooking (1-2 minutes).
- After the boiling process is complete, transfer the Pierogies into the frying pan with the onions.
- Turn the frying pan on medium heat to reheat the onions while mixing the pierogies together.
- Serve pierogies with store bought Cole slaw and gravy poured over pierogies or served on the side as a dip.