- 7-8 JJ Wilk Potato & Farmer Cheese Pierogies
- Medium pot of boiling water
- 1 medium size onion
- Store bought, ready to serve meat balls in a tomato sauce
- Sour cream
- Fresh piece of parsley
- 1 table spoon of oil or butter
- Make ahead – heat a medium pan with either butter or oil and add diced onions. Sauté on medium heat until golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and set the fried onions aside.
- In a medium size pot on medium heat, reheat the store bought meat balls with the tomato sauce.
- Boiling of Pierogies– Once your water starts boiling, throw 7-8 Farmers Cheese JJ Wilk Pierogies Note: When you throw the Pierogies into the boiling water, the water will stop boiling. Once the water starts to boil again, start counting 6 minutes. If you forget how long the pierogies have been in the water, you can always take one Pierogie out, cut it in half and check the dough. If the dough is sticky or dry in the centre, then the pierogies need a little more cooking (1-2 minutes).
- After the boiling process is complete, transfer the Pierogies into the frying pan with the onions and turn the frying pan on medium heat to reheat the onions while mixing the pierogies together.
- Serve the Farmers cheese pierogies with the Meat balls in the tomato sauce
- Add sour cream on the side, in a dish or on top of your pierogies.
- Garnish with fresh parsley (optional).