- 1 bag of JJ Wilk Potato, Cheddar Jalapeño Pierogies
- 1 large pot ( 3 liters) of boiling water
- 1 sliced onion
- Store bought salsa
- Small container of Sour Cream
- 1 Table spoon of oil or butter
- Make ahead – in a frying pan, sauté sliced onions in oil or butter on medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and set the fried onions aside.
- Boiling of Pierogies-Once your water starts boiling, throw in the whole bag of Cheddar Jalapeno JJ Wilk Pierogies Note: When you throw the Pierogies into the boiling water, the water will stop boiling. Once the water starts to boil again, start counting 6 minutes. If you forget how long the pierogies have been in the water, you can always take one Pierogy out, cut it in half and check the dough. If the dough is sticky or dry in the centre, then the pierogies need a little more cooking (1-2 minutes).
- After the boiling process is complete, transfer the Pierogies into the frying pan with the fried onions.
- Turn the frying pan on medium heat to reheat the onions while mixing the pierogies together.
- Serving suggestions – Serve pierogies on a serving plate as a hot appetizer with salsa & sour cream on the side for dipping. 1 package of the JJ Wilk Pierogies will serve 3-4 people with 8-10 pierogies each.