- 1 bag of JJ Wilk Potato, Cheese & Bacon Pierogies
- 1 large pot ( 3 liters ) of boiling water
- 1 large (yellow) onion diced
- Table spoon of oil or butter
- Caesar dressing for dipping
- Make ahead – in a frying pan, sauté sliced onions in oil or butter on medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and set the fried onions aside.
- Boiling of Pierogies – Once your water starts boiling, throw in the whole bag of Cheddar Cheese & Bacon JJ Wilk Pierogies Note: When you throw the Pierogies into the boiling water, the water will stop boiling. Once the water starts to boil again, start counting 6 minutes. If you forget how long the pierogies have been in the water, you can always take one Pierogy out, cut it in half and check the dough. If the dough is sticky or dry in the centre, then the pierogies need a little more cooking (1-2 minutes).
- After the boiling process is complete, transfer the Cheddar Bacon Pierogies into the frying pan with the fried onions.
- Turn the frying pan on medium heat to reheat the onions while mixing the pierogies together.
- Serving suggestions – 1 package of the JJ Wilk Pierogies will serve 3-4 people with 8-10 pierogies each.
- Serve pierogies with Caesar dressing on top or on the side in a small dish.