Supreme Pierogies Inc recognizes that more than anything, our team members are a vital part of our Quality & Food Safety Program. We are committed to providing both the human and financial resources needed to implement, train, manage and improve our Food Safety & Quality Systems. The safety and legality of our products are of paramount importance and is a daily operational priority.
To ensure our ability to provide safe wholesome foods for families, we use a multitude of food safety processes and programs throughout our plants that align with the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), SQF (Safe Quality Food) and OMAFRA (Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs) Manufacturing & Processing Standards.
Supreme Pierogies processing facility operates under the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) system. This system is designed to address all reasonably occurring physical, chemical, and biological hazards. Our HACCP plan is reviewed and audited, both internally, and externally by qualified third parties annually. In addition, HACCP compliance meetings are held annually to refresh the knowledge of trained employees and to certify new employees. We are proud to mention that we have over 21 employees who are HACCP trained and we host monthly meetings to share knowledge and foster an environment of continuous improvement. We also perform specialized training in the area of sanitation and equipment cleanliness, personal hygiene and GMPs, allergen control, critical control points and food safety.
– Supreme Pierogies operates a HACCP compliant, OMAFRA – inspected Production Lines, Processing and Packing areas with frequent visits by inspectors on the premises during regular hours of operation. We are constantly improving our facility and equipment to ensure a safer, higher-quality product. Daily internal audits of the facility are conducted and any deficiency reported to the appropriate personnel for corrective actions. In addition, monthly internal audits are performed by a formally trained team leader where the entire facility is evaluated.
– Various microbiological testing programs are a major part of our food safety programs.
- Environmental testing of plant structure, air and water quality.
- Equipment testing (food contact and non contact) frequently.
- Testing of all raw materials.
- Testing of finished products.
These programs include:
Distribution – Supreme Pierogies also ensures that all finished products are stored at appropriate temperatures at all times until it reaches the end consumer. All freezers and transport vehicles are equipped with temperature monitoring devices to verify adequate temperatures during distribution.
Supreme Pierogies Team works diligently and goes above and beyond the call of duty to produce the highest quality foods possible, so that we may safely provide our family and yours with great tasting products.